From:
"Meredith L. Dunham" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:59:27 -0500
We use three different types of HOBO loggers (door, soil, temp/RH) and they all work very well.  They're easy to download, print immediate graphs or data lists (from a computer loaded with the appropriate software), and the data can be converted to an Excel format for other purposes.  We placed the loggers outside, inside, in cases, in fireplace flues, in attics, and just about anywhere you could want them.  And they don't need batteries that often.  If you go with the shuttle off-load method, I have easily downloaded between 8 and 12 loggers with a month's worth of data and transferred it our computer.  And they really do give you an easy-to-understand look at your environment.

Meredith Dunham
Curatorial Assistant

Virginia Beach Historic Houses
3131 Virginia Beach Blvd.