From:
Ann Mintz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:12:51 -0400
I recall hearing that the Field Museum in Chicago had a group of young
professionals who served as volunteers.  One of the recruiting techniques
employed by the museum was to promote the number of engagements and
marriages that had resulted within the group. I don't know if this is still
active.

It's programmatic and not strictly speaking for members, but some science
museums have done "Martinis and IMAX" in their large format theaters.  Each
month, they feature a different kind of martini. It becomes a regular
social thing for the age group you specified.  I'm sure that people buy
memberships for the price break.

Ann Mintz
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
en route to the Chester County Historical Society, West Chester, PA

read "help" (without the quotes).

Museum-L" (without the quotes).