From:
Ruth Lang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2014 02:21:53 -0400
Our Historical Society is considering reorganizing our accession files. The accession folders and numbers are organized by year, with an accessions log for that year in the first folder. Many of the early accession records have just one document in them, others have several documents - some with small pieces of paper containing notes about the donation. We are attempting to make more room in the file cabinet drawers, so we would like to possibly consolidate the records into binders. We would keep the original order of the documents by year. The problem is keeping all of the documentation of the accessions that have multiple documents together without having to staple them together.

There are about 40 years of accession records with about 10 folders per year, so putting the multiple documents in sheet protectors could be quite costly.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how best to consolidate the original paperwork, but also provide easy access to the documents without damaging them with staples?

Ruth Lang
Fresno Historical Society