From:
Sarah Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 10:56:31 -0400
I know there are many museums around the world that specifically deal with
the issues of discrimination/tolerance, war, and past tragedies.  The
Holocaust Museum in Washington, DC comes to mind as a prime example.

I would be interested to know if any of these museums have community
programming that specifically aims to increase tolerance in the community,
or help people deal with the aftermath of disaster.  Maybe we could modify
and implement some of the good examples and use history, art and science to
the betterment of the people in our communities during this crisis.  Isn't
that what we're all about anyway?

Sarah Andrews
Woodrow Wilson House