From:
Greta Brunschwyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 12:55:19 -0800
Being  new to the supposedly wonderful world of the net, I am trying to get
some issues at least reasonably clear in my mind.  Here in the exhibits dept.
at the Southern Oregon Historical Society, we are exploring the research
opportunities on the WWW.  Our chief question, unfortunately, remains:  are
there research opportunities on the web?  We would like to be able to access
card catalogs, articles, perhaps even some intstiution's photo collections.
If there are those of you out there who have effectively been using the net
 for such purposes, I'd appreciate hearing about your experiences.  And perhaps
there are some of you who could answer another burning question:  is Netscape
really the greatest thing since sliced bread?  Is it helpful for research or
merely just a link to a vast world of entertainment?

-Matt Strieby
Exhibit Designer
Southern Oregon Historical Society