From:
Henry Grunder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 12:56:09 EDT
Let me see if I have this straight - You are going to do
multimedia in touchscreen kiosks, right? Designing successful
multimedia is a story all its own, with most wonks agreeing
that it is not something done with 1.) student assistants, 2).
nerds, 3.) a software package and the manual. Rather, it is
something where the "look and feel" is all-important. It calls
for people with design savvy.
Happily, the same can be said for literal exhibit design,
including the text (an old familiar face here). It is
"happily," because most of the old familiar books & leaflets -
e.g., AASLH & so forth, on exhibit design, printing design,
typography, etc. should be of help. Consider, for instance, the
"rule" that serif type faces read easier than sans serif faces.
U.z.w.