From:
Ivy Strickler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 1996 09:47:12 -0400
This is getting interesting, since we have over the past two years become
the somewhat hesitant acceptor of what I like to call "tax scam donations."
I understand from previous postings that we can accept a gift without
accessioning it, hold it for the required time, and then sell it without
going through the normal process of deaccession. But are there *any*
ethical ramifications to the way in which this is done (for instance, does
it have to be auctioned, public notice, etc?) Also, are there restrictions
on what uses the museum can make of it in the meantime? Do we have to keep
it in its box, or can we display, etc as usual? Any info would be
gratefully accepted.
ivy

Ivy Fleck Strickler                     Phone 215-895-1637
Drexel University                       Fax 215-895-4917
Nesbitt College of Design Arts          [log in to unmask]
Philadelphia, PA 19104

"Never forget that life is like a Fellini movie, and you're getting to see
it for free=8A"