From:
Jim Lyons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 00:48:52 -0800
>        This brings relates to a project I'm trying to put together for
>class for next term.  Does anyone know of a museum (or a musee or a
>gallery or a...) that collects and loans commercials on VHS?  I'm esp.
>looking for political ads from our latest round of misery.  Yes, I've
>tried to contact the various campaigns and they are united in their
>efforts to ignore me.
>        And I'd really like a copy of the infamous Nike commercial...
>
>        Adrienne DeAngelis

===============

Dec 18, 2000

Adrienne,

I don't know if you mean the commerial where the stalker chases the
scantily-clad lady or the one where a foot racer who runs barefoot is
drugged and has a pair of Nikes put on him, much to his distress, but I
suggest you tape the coming Super Bowl commercials to see what splendid ad
Nike offers this time.  (I'd like to know who their ad agency is, just out
of curiosity.)

Also, you may want to get one of their ads for their late-lamented shoe
model called the Nike Incubus.  Regretably, it appears no one at Nike
thought to look up the meaning of the word "incubus", which my Funk and
Wagnals tells us is, "a male demon who has sexual intercourse with sleeping
women".  There was a horror movie by that title several years back, and in
the movie the women so honored ended up somewhat the worse for wear.  It
certainly sounds like something I'd like to consider naming a pair of shoes
I was trying to peddle, I don't think.

-Jim

-Jim Lyons

http://www.jimlyons.com