Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 1994 19:23:14 -0400
I am a graduate student studying both the development process for museum
exhibits for children and the development process for children's
television programs. This is a request for information to help in the research
of the paper.
        (yes, regarding the email from deb gaffin -we are both in the same
        children's television class and writing separate papers that connect
        our experience in museums to the subject)

In developing both exhibits and television programs you consider the same
questions:
        Who is the audience you are trying to reach?
        What content are you trying to communicate?
        What is the best way to present that content?

I'd be interested in learning about the exhibit development process at your
institution. Specifically, if and how you take children as an audience into
consideration, what steps you take to evaluate or research whether you've
taken the best approach (formative and summative evaluation), and whether
you model the exhibit on a pre-existing format.

Also, I'd be grateful to know about resources where the exhibit development
process has been documented (I've checked Museum News and AYM's Hand to Hand).

Thanks in advance for your help, and please email responses to me directly.

Kristina Garrett
Harvard Graduate School of Education
email: [log in to unmask]