From:
Menya Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 1994 11:58:27 -0400
> I am finally starting the formal process of having a Netnews gateway for
> Museum-L. Some on the list have expressed an interest in reading Museum-L
> on Netnews rather than on e-mail. For some, this is a better option than
> receiving numerous e-mail messages each day, especially since the list has
> grown to nearly 1000 subscribers. In order to provide this service, I must
> first ask the Museum-L subscribers for permission to do this. If there are
> some major concerns and issues raised, I will ask for a formal vote on the
> matter. Otherwise, I will move forward on this matter in about two weeks.

Yes!!! I have been incredibly frustrated with the amount of noise on
the mailing list, the personal messages going back and forth, and
system messages posted to the list.  I've been tempted more than once
to simply unsubscribe, but there is nothing else out there covering
the same ground.  I'd really prefer a newsgroup, where I can just
follow the threads I want, and follow them in some sort of organized
way.

Can the newsgroup be set up so that replies go to the posters and not
the group?

Menya Wolfe