From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 23:26:08 -0700
Is this an official list position?  I should think that those
dedicated to the concept of saving the social conscience in terms of
arts, history, or whatever would be hard pressed to demand that one's
social consciousness be ignored.

I found the original commentary an incredible gaffe.  Do I understand
from whence the commentary may have come?  Yes.

Do I believe it to have been an acceptable thing to have been said.
No.  Glad to see others have felt more comfortable in speaking up.

But flame wars are unnecessary, and manners should not be checked at
the door when one signs on the list.  My own social conscience,
coupled with the diversity training required in the workplace say that
the poster was correct, it was a social sour note.

It shouldn't cause us to go ballistic.  But it shouldn't allow for
rudeness.

Enough said.  Back to the business of fostering museums for the good
of the greater public.

Gayle Montgomery
aka Indigo Nights.

---"Ronald M. Strzyzewski" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Please, leave your social consciousness at home and get off your
high horse
> while you're at it. If you don't like the remarks someone made on this
> mailing list then leave!

==
Indigo Nights