From:
Ellen Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jan 1995 10:59:23 -0500
Bryan, you are absolutely correct!  When I was in high school, I hated
history (excuse me, I mean social studies, we didn't learn history.)  Not
only was it chronological, but since each year we began at "the beginning"
again, we never got past WWI!  As a result, I didn't know how interesting
history could be, and never took a history class in college.  Thank God, I
got a job at a history museum when I got out and LEARNED.  Students will
never get to the analysis and discussion in college if changes aren't made,
in all subjects, in high school.

Ellen Schwartz
Anthro grad student
University at Albany