From:
Crystal Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 18:47:47 -0600
Amy,

You may want to check into the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation's German
Chancellor Scholarship Program (www.avh.de).  The deadline for the 2003
scholars just passed in October, but the program is great for professionals,
not just academics.  I am currently working at the Haus der Geschichte
museum in Bonn, Germany, during my fellowship year with AvH.  One of my
colleagues is also working with art museums through the Goethe Forum as a
curator for new media.  The funding is more generous than comparable
programs, and the foundation will support intensive language training.
Prior German knowledge is not required.  The scholarship period is for one
year (up to 14 months support here in Germany, if you arrive early for
language training).  If you or any others on the list have questions, please
contact me.

Crystal Johnson