From:
Carol Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 1996 12:11:01 -0700
I wonder if anybody on the list can help me.

I recently discovered that my grandfather owned a company in England
(Partridge Models) that made models for museums in the 1920s (I do not have
an 'end' date): diorama of cotton picking in India, 1930 Gas Works, a
working coal mine and so on.   I would like to locate any literature on the
history of such model making, if it exists.  Also, I would like to know  if
you have any Partridge Models in your museum - sometimes the brass plaque
reads Leslie Horton Partridge.  I guess this also proves that there is some
genetic quirk that puts us in the museum business.   And yes, now I am
intrigued.

Thanks for your help.

Carol E. Mayer
Curator