From:
Carolyn Breedlove <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 12:31:14 -0000
We do *not* have a written policy, but the examples you gave sound like
people asking too much.  It seems not so much a question of the time and
effort, as that your director is being asked to surrender rights to her own
work, done on her own time.  Just because she willingly shares that with
"her" museum, doesn't mean that it's available to any and everyone, to use
in their published work.  Doing research in museum records for a fee,
payable to the museum, is an entirely different issue.

Carolyn Breedlove
Kent Plantation House
Alexandria, LA