From:
Heleanor Feltham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 13:40:00 PDT
To Timothy Kane and others...

One - I never suggested that museum professionals were professional about
architecture (though some of us may have a fair degree of knowledge in that
area) but we ARE professional about museums, and therefore our opinions have
value in deciding how a museum building could function.

Two - Beauty and functionality are not mutually exclusive, but any object,
from a sword to a museum building requires far more work, intuition,
creativity, technology, to be both than to be either - and sadly, a lot are
neither.

Three - my quote "I'm mad, you're mad - we wouldn't be here if we weren't"
is the Cheshire Cat's reply to Alice's indignant denial of madness in Lewis
Carrol's 'Alice in Wonderland'.  I've always felt is was highly appropriate
to museum workers.

Heleanor.