From:
ALENA GARASHI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 1997 14:04:03 +0000
Just a note about the topic of "edutainment".  I don't understand why
someone might think it is a bad thing.  I am 21 years old and a senior in
college and I clearly remember hands on museums  made learning interesting
and exciting.  There are many such science museums geared toward children
and all of the buttons and lights excite kids to make them want to learn
more about whatever it happens to be that they are learning about.  I
think that making museums educational as well as fun is a great way to
reach people.  A few successful ventures in this area are, Pack Place
sciencew museum in Asheville, NC, also the numerous science museums across
the US.  It is not a new concept.

Thanks for reading
alena garashi