From:
Ashley McGrew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2008 20:36:58 -0700
That is the combination of materials we use for seat cushions etc... for
decorative arts objects in our collection. Polyethelene foam can be
shaped easily to the exact form that you want and the batting softens
the shape and protects the fabric from possible abrasion from contact
with the foam. As Meg states the combination of synthetic batting and
closed-cell foam won't effect humidity levels and are not really
pest-friendly be it rodents, insects or mold.
Best regards,

Ashley

T. Ashley McGrew
Lead Preparator
J. Paul Getty Museum
1200 Getty Center Drive
Los Angeles, CA  90049-1687
Phone 310-440-6424
Fax 310-440-7741
>>> Margaret Geiss-Mooney <[log in to unmask]> 04/10/08 7:31 PM >>>
Good evening, MuseumLers - Ethafoamâ„¢ and heat-bonded polyester fiberfill
without a doubt. Plus those two also don't absorb moisture from the
environment.
Regards,
Meg
Margaret (Meg) Geiss-Mooney
Textile/Costume Conservator in Private Practice
Professional Associate, AIC