From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 14:13:36 -0400
And one of our board members (sigh) refuses to do courtesy to any  US flag
designed after 1860.  He is one of many whose homes are bedecked daily with
the "Betsy Ross" and the "Bonnie Blue."  He did a local Rotary program and
would not participate in the Pledge of Allegiance -- and stepped back
proudly to show he wasn't in on it.

This is in southwestern Virginia, but it's a developing reaction to "the
current situation"  elsewhere in the less populated areas of the South.  I
suppose it gives grown folks something to talk about when they have nothing
better on their minds.

Ross Weeks Jr.
Tazewell Va.