From:
Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 11:59:34 EDT
In a message dated Mon, 25 Oct 1999 10:57:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time, William Maurer <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> Wasn't there a fictional (obviously) story in the 60s 0r 70s about an
> archaeologist in the future finding a 20th century bathroom, interpreting it
> as a throne room with a ritual place to wash, etc.? I think I remember
> studying this in an archaeology class.

That would be "Motel of the Mysteries" by David McCaullay (McCauly?).  He also wrote the books simply entitled "Cathedral", "Ship", "City", "Castle", "Pyramid" and "Underground" which have wonderful pencil and ink drawings in them and great explainations on how each was built.

Deb

Museum-L" (without the quotes).