From:
Joy Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:42:00 -0500
Hi Robb,

I know the last person you want to hear from at this point is a consultant,
but I've got a good, free solution (or at worst, low cost solution for you).
The LORD book, the Manual of Museum Planning, has a chapter called "The
Functional Program or Brief" (chp 16) that will take you through the process
of designing a functional program specific to your new building.

I'm sure the book is available at the library and if you have a little more
time than money at this point, you can go to www.lord.ca and look at some of
our experience records for Functional Programs and see how other museums
have used the functional planning service.

You can always contact Catharine Tanner, LORD's Principal of Facilities
Planning and she would be able to discuss some of those projects in greater
depth.

Hope this is helpful to you and good luck,
Joy Bailey
Consultant
LORD Cultural Resources
Tel:  202-842-2992
Fax: 202-842-3322
1225 Eye Street, Suite 100
Washington, DC 20036

"Bringing a World of Experience to Museums and the Arts."