Date:
Sun, 7 Aug 2005 18:28:48 -0400
On the ICOM site it is possible to read the ICOM Statutes
http://icom.museum/statutes.html#17

where article 17 is dedicated to International Committee, please focus the
attention on point 5:

"5. An International Committee may be established on the initiative of the
Executive Council, or
upon the receipt in writing by the Secretary-General of a proposal
outlining the subject matter
proposed for the Committee and the reasons why it is considered necessary,
signed by at least ten
members of ICOM. When the Council proposes a new Committee, or upon receipt
of such a request,
the Secretary-General shall inform the Chairpersons of all other
International Committees or
Affiliated Organizations, inviting their comments on the proposal within
sixty days. After the lapse
of the 60-day period the Secretary- General shall submit the proposal
together with any comments
thereon, to the Advisory Committee for consideration."

So, this means that th emanifesto must to be signed at least by 10 ICOM
members, but it is
important to have more than only official 10 persons. Many others (ICOM or
not ICOM members)
please have a lok to the list to receive information on the way to can
e-signed the manifesto when
it will be ready.

Probably the best way is to setup a sign-up page on my personall web page.

regards

Mario

PS: we can carry out 3 ICOM members sign, me and two my collegues (one from
ICOM Spain)

http://mail2web.com/ .