From:
TOdd Bothel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:06:05 -0500
Grant, at all of the museums that I have worked for, we have always had alcohol available at internal museum events, exhibit openings, etc. I don't specifically what we had for liability issues. I do know that if your institution sells alcohol at an event, it does need a liquor license. At one of my former museums we also sold liquor at our fundraising events and provided bar services for rentals.

At my last museum, we rented out one of our facilities for weddings and the County required that the renter provide proof of liability insurance and needed to get a one-day liquor licence if alcohol was served. My current museum requires that the caterer for the party covers these issues.