From:
Robin Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 12:56:02 -0500
One way to go would be to have a discounted fee for this special exhibit for
members, or only a specific number of free entries per member, the rest
requiring a fee.  That way, you'd still provide the members with a benefit,
but this is such a premium event, that they'll need to pay something for it,
or have their access to it rationed.

>For an upcoming exhibition for which we expect a huge attendance, we are
>considering building in the cost of the audiotour as part of the non-member
>admission price.

So the question is: do the members then HAVE
>to pay the audiotour price in order to enter the exhibition OR do they have
>the option not to take the audiotour?  The point is that the paying customer
>might opt not to take the audiotour and thus expect some sort of discounted
>admission on the theory that the audiotour has a cost.

Robin Wagner
Projects Coordinator
The Field Museum
Chicago, IL 60605-2496