From:
Jay Heuman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:56:29 -0500
Hi Eddie!

I have no first-hand experience, but I wonder if . . .

You could limit the size of the items to be scanned so that the laser
scanner could be mounted -- facing down -- about 4" or 6" above a
counter, not leaving enough room for a child to (a) squish their head
underneath or (b) have a direct line of sight at the laser?  Other
thoughts?

Best wishes, sincerely,

Jay Heuman
Visitor & Volunteer Services Coordinator
Joslyn Art Museum
2200 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE, 68102
342-3300 (telephone)   342-2376 (fax)

"You can’t lock up art in a vault and keep it frozen for posterity. Then
the artist is betrayed, history is betrayed."
(Walter Persegati)