From:
Miriam B Albahari <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 1996 09:52:36 -0400

> Is it a certain gene that makes some people think things should be given to
> them. . . or is it merely youth?!  :)
>
> Susan Ward
> Director, Heritage Communications
> 615-661-6336

No, it is not youth!  I am 25 years old, a recently divorced single mom,
going to grad school and working in a museum part time.  You haven't
heard any job or money complaints from me, so don't generalize about a
generation. Yes, it's tough and frustrating to get started, but I worked
a museum education job for two years that I hated, and it got me what I
wanted -- experience and opportunity for the collections management
position I wanted and currently have.  I figure I'll get to where you
older people are the same way you did -- perseverance, patience, and poverty!

Miriam Albahari