From:
Ware Petznick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2015 19:08:17 +0000
Dear Listers,

I seek your help in identifying ways in which museums encourage repeat visitors.

Do you create special programming to encourage returns?

Do you employ tactics to train docents to behave a certain way?

Do you have a written strategy to develop audiences specifically to return?

As we all compete with Candy Crush, sporting events, movies and the like for audience time and attention, are you doing anything that brings both new and old faces to your programs and events?

We have great success with our events, but we don't see most of them again throughout the year. We are trying some new ideas to encourage that "low hanging fruit" to return.

Can you help?

Would love to hear what other museum professionals are doing!

Best regards from the North Coast,

Ware Petznick

Ware Petznick, PhD

Executive Director

Shaker Historical Society

16740 South Park Boulevard

Shaker Heights, Ohio 44120

216-921-1201

www.shakerhistory.org

We inspire people to engage in and celebrate the Shaker Heights story… past, present, and future.

EXHIBIT  COMING SOON! Out of the Closet: Rarely Seen Textiles from the Collection from Feb 10-June 30th.  In the Lissauer Gallery Conversion>Conversation: Art by Matthew Dibble – brought to us by the Tregoning & Co. On now until March 1st. See our Facebook page and www.shakerhistory.org for more events and updates!