From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 03:05:21 -0800
TYPE OF MENTOR SOUGHT:
Interactive Museum Exhibit Planner, Designer,
Constructor. Someone who can help me understand how to
get into the industry, and to discuss how to make the
industry better.

CONTACT CHRIS BY EMAIL AT:

MEET CHRIS NOESSEL!

I am a graduate student at the Interaction Design
Institute in Ivrea, Italy.
(http://www.interaction-ivrea.it) It is a brand new
two-year program, and I am one of the founding class
members. I am focusing my interaction studies towards
exhibit planning, designing, and developing.

It's been a long trip back to museums. My first job
out of my undergraduate graphic design degree was in
the Houston Museum of Natural Science, where I fell in
love with museum work building digital interactives
with a great team.

But my undergraduate debt and an ambition convinced me
to try to start my own company afterwards, doing
interactive media especially for museums. We didn't
know much about business and needed more investment
than we had, so we sold it after a while.

Next I did a stint as a web designer for a law firm.
It was quite an eye-opening experience!  Then I moved
to San Francisco to belatedly join the web boom. I was
there two years as an information architect, and it
went web best. But I paid off my undergraduate debt,
and had the financial room to reconsider museum work
again.

And to that end, I'm back in grad school, and
interested in finding a mentor to help me with the
transition from the theoretical to the real.

Can you help me?

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a job?  Try: