From:
Jennifer Nuske <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 19:39:16 +1100
We have a collection of roughly 4,000 artefacts which are only now going
onto a data base. I wanted to photograph each item for records but was
wondering if we should invest in the equipment and take digital images?
I have been told this is particularly useful for old photographs which
can be reproduced quite reasonably these days for exhibitions etc.

Are the costs prohibitive, that is, is it practical for the whole
collection? Could I then manipulate the data when we updated the
database to include pictures?

Be patient with me, I am a technophobe undergoing self-treatment.

Jennifer Nuske
Melbourne, Australia.