From:
Amy Douglass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 1995 07:57:00 -0700
A friend of mine recently returned from a holiday trip to New York.
While there, she visited the new exhibit that the Smithsonian's Native
American museum just opened in the old Custom House.  She liked the
exhibit a great deal, but mentioned that it had not received very good
reviews in New York.  Can any of our colleagues in New York, or those
who have visited this exhibit, fill me in on what the negative reviews
are saying?  Are they in the minority, or is the general consensus of
opinion on the negative side?  If so, why?  I have a longstanding interest
in this project since I started my museum career working at the Museum
of the American Indian, Heye Foundation (which has been incorporated into
the Smithsonian).

Amy A. Douglass
Tempe Historical Museum