Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 16:58:11 +0300
Dear Newsgroup viewers,

May I introduce you to 'EIKONA' software?

EIKONA is a software that perform digital image processing on canvas
paintings,frescos,murals and icons. It consists of a number of software
packages on arts conservation and archiving. This software is NOW ACTUALLY
being used in two Athos monasteries, Greece.

For further details please look at our Web page,
(see http://poseidon.csd.auth.gr/athos/).

EIKONA is made up of,

'EIKONA FOR ARTS' which includes:
Colorimetry
Mosaicing (color and BW) manual or automatic
Registration (e.g. IR, visible)
and
Copyright protection.

The software runs on any X Windows UNIX workstation as well as on
MS Windows +Pentium platforms.

'EIKONA FOR ARTS/CAPTURE' unit automatically controls
a positioning unit within a 1mx1m range then grabs images,
filters noise and stores them in files for mosaicing.

'EIKONA FOR ARTS DATABASE' is a multimodal image and signal database (stores
visible, X ray, IR images,colorimetry measurements, spectrometry signals,
restoration infos,content infos) written in SQL for two platforms: ACCESS and
ORACLE (client/server). A sample database can easily be accessed through the
WWW at

http://aias.csd.auth.gr/eikona/

(although limited functionality is supported here).

It runs on any MS Windows platform and the ORACLE server can reside on a Unix
Workstation. It can be accessed through any platform when using the WWW
connection (e.g. MAC, PC, Unix).

'EIKONAmark', a software product for watermarking or copyright
protection of digital images.

You can get more infos on this software as well as DOWNLOAD A FREE DEMO at
http://www.alphatecltd.com/

Please don't hesitate to E-mail me for further information .

R.Kunwar

e-mail: [log in to unmask],
WWW:http://www.alphatec.com/, http://poseidon.csd.auth.gr/