From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 18:31:17 +1200
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS - the international Dinosaur Webzine
with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  Tracking dinosaurs a fun activity
The dinosaurs' tracks at Red Gulch were originally discovered by Eric Kvale
during an apparently casual outing in 1997

**  On the hunt for dinosaurs throughout B.C.
This major display showcases Chinese dinosaurs mainly from the Liaoning
province, an area often compared to the Albertan badlands in terms of
numbers of dinosaurs found there.

**  Czech-Mongolian dinosaur expedition web site
The expedition starts later this month and an English version of the site is
promised shortly

**  The Second International Palaeontological Congress
This congress will focus on a series of scientific sessions and symposia to
discuss new research findings relating to fossil organisms, with emphasis
upon the convention theme "Ancient Life and Modern Approaches".

**  A History of Mesa County Dinosaurs
In an 1899 letter to Elmer S. Riggs of the Chicago Field Museum, local
dentist Dr. S.M. Bradbury stated that dinosaur bones had been known in this
region since 1885 and collected as curios
lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Judge rules lease of land where T. rex was found is invalid
The remains of a juvenile Tyrannosaurus rex unearthed from northwest South
Dakota in 1998 eventually could be headed back to the state

**  Feature Site - The Bollinger County Museum of Natural History
It's a trip through Missouri's past 60 Million years in the making More

**  Experts in several fields trek to Pitt's new site in Wyoming's 'dinosaur
graveyard'
This is where Chinese laborers, fresh from laying track for the
transcontinental railroad, found some of the first dinosaur fossils on Como
Ridge in 1877 and shipped them back East by the rail line they helped build

**  Dinosaur of a film debuts, presents scientific puzzle
The documentary, which lasted about 45 minutes, included footage of Jane's
bones being unearthed in Montana, examined at the Burpee and discussed in
Rockford and elsewhere

**  Other Fossil News - Small-town museum offers toothy trip back in time
If you have good eyes, within minutes you should be able to start building a
collection of prehistoric shark's teeth and other fossils, left between 20
million years ago and 5 million years ago during the Miocene and Pliocene
epochs

**  Dinosaur Program on Track for Hurricane Library
Dino Dave Eisenstein turned to paleontology, the study of ancient life,
including the study of dinosaurs, and currently spends his time studying and
educating the public about prehistoric predators

**  Whatever happened to . . . the pilot with a passion for paleontology?
His drawings, in fact, are the official record of Peck's Rex , the
Tyrannosaurus unearthed during Bill's first and second digs

DINOSAURNEWS webzine now read in 80 countries. Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall. Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS: Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus? Put us on your
media database. We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

GET YOUR LOCAL MUSEUM TO ADD our RSS news feed to their web site, at this
address: http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:
I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service to
us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D., Affiliate Faculty, Idaho Museum of Natural
History