From:
"L.Camino" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 08:21:13 -0700
I have been a lurker for so long it seems odd to make a posting now but... In light of the multitudes of musuem professionals looking for positions, I thought I would share this opportunity. Although I work at the performing arts center affiliated with the University of Alabama at Birmingham, I am in no way connected to this position. I saw it posted on UAB's Web site and in yesterday's Birmingham News. Although I can't offer any information about this position, I would be more than happy to answer questions about Birmingham off-list. Good luck to all interested persons.
--L. Camino

"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely."-Karen Kaiser Clark

Gallery Director/Curator
This position requires an MA in Art History, Museum Studies or MFA. Responsibilities include directing the university's art gallery, curating/organizing exhibitions, developing promotional materials, fundraising and grant writing, managing the permanent collection. Work with diverse constituencies in the university and the community to promote the objectives of the gallery. Candidate may occasionally have the opportunity to teach.

UAB offers a benefits package that is among the best in the Birmingham area including: *Health, dental, life and LTD insurance. *Liberal paid vacations, holidays and sick leave *Tuition reimbursement for employees and dependents *Competitive compensation *Childcare *Confidential employee assistance program *403(B) savings plan, *State Teachers Retirement Plan UAB EMPLOYMENT OFFICE 701 South 20th Street Birmingham, AL 35294-0102 Fax (205) 975-8370 Jobline (205) 934-2611 Website: www.uab.edu AA/EOE

iVillage.com: Solutions for Your Life
http://www.ivillage.com