From:
Peter Rebernik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 20:12:51 +0100
Just a different view from half way around the globe:

There is big Germany. A country with a lot of fight to form itself during
the last 300 years (resemblance recognised?).
But there is also Austria. The rest of a huge empire. At this moment: A
small country (8 millions on 80.000 km2).
Language (nearly) the same.
People (Austria and Germany) as different as Texans are from people in
Massachusetts (or US from Canada???).
Of course, we Austrians know that we are different and we talk about it
every second when meeting a German. Want some prejudices: Germans are
arrogant and Austrians are gentle. Germans are loud and Austrians play
music. Germans are winners and Austrians love life. Germans think and
Austrians laugh. German are intelligent and Austrians are social.

You know that Bavarians are also different. But, in reality, they just hate
the fact that they are in the same state as the rest of the Germans ....
Isn't it similar to Texas?

We, museum people, should make a not serious (but sometimes it seems that
humour is forbidden to enter museums) exhibition with the theme of
international comparison to the feelings of people. Who (New Zealand) hates
whom (Australia), who (Canadians) dislikes whom (US), who (German or Chicago
girls) loves whom (Italian or Texan boys) ...

Just contemplating

Peter, the giggling Rebernik
 | PHAROS International - Bureau for Cultural Projects
 | Peter Rebernik, Dipl.-Ing.
 | Anton Baumgartner-Str. 44/C2/3/2
 | A - 1230 Wien / AUSTRIA
 | Tel.:  (+43 1) 667 7375
 | Fax:  (+43 1) 667 2984
 | Mobiltel.: (+43 664) 230 2767
 | Email: [log in to unmask] / Web: www.rebernik.at
This mail is a natural product.  The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to
be considered flaws or defects.