From:
Ashley LaVigne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2017 10:03:51 -0500
Jenny,

I help operate a small rural county museum and we are encountering much of the same issues. I came on board here last may and there is only myself and our current director. I have generated some ideas that have created new interest in our museum and we have seen an uptick in memberships, as well as a first time public fundraiser that generated a significant amount of funds (for our small area of less than 6k people) in a single day.

The ideas generated here are also a great starting point and are conversations worth having with their board members and employees to get back on track. It's discussion starters we will be having here also, no matter how difficult it may be. Our museum is stuck in a 20 year rut and as the 'new pup' i'm a bit nervous to strike up the conversation, but it's the only way to save the museum.

Please feel free to contact me off list, or have your colleague contact me, and I am happy to share what has been working for us and what we have "on the books" for up and coming programs.