From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2005 13:24:20 +1200
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS -  the international Dinosaur
Webzine with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  Pole stars: Skeletons reflect prehistoric life at both ends of the Earth
"Dinosaurs of Darkness," a story told in bone, opens Saturday in the new
Mountain View home of the Alaska Museum of Natural History

**  Not Dinos But: Fossilized creature had arms like Popeye 150 million
years ago
They were only as big as chipmunks, but a hungry tribe of early mammals that
lived 150 million years ago performed a major "evolutionary experiment" when
they developed heavy forearms for digging in the ground and a new way to
feed on termites and other clustering insects - much as modern armadillos do
today

**  Basin beast really a fish
"It's an embarrassingly bad blunder," Spencer G. Lucas, curator of
palaeontology and geology at the New Mexico Museum of Natural History, said
Monday

**  Dinosaur goes to ground
The possibility that the dinosaur, one of many on a special dinosaur trail
at the stately home, was the victim of a gust of wind or over-robust deer
was quickly ruled out and police were called
dinomail lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Other Fossil news: Amateur Fossil Hunter Unearths New Fish
An amateur fossil hunter told today how he discovered a new species of fish
after frosty weather cracked open a slab of rock to reveal the 330
million-year-old remains

**  Dinosaur Dung Display a Big Hit at Museum
While the nonprofit museum, which was founded in 1954, also has dinosaur
eggs and dinosaur bones, its the "dino plops" that invariably bring a smile
to visitors

**  Jurassic park right on our doorstep: Spotting your first dinosaur
footprint is a magical event
They were regarded as curios, something that holidaymakers might find and
marvel over, but rather piddling compared with the spectacular finds of the
fossil dinosaurs themselves

**  Queensland Museum calls for dinosaur diggers
Dinosaur enthusiasts have plenty to look forward to this year thanks to the
Queensland Museum.

**  Lyme Regis Fossil Festival - Discover remarkable remains, find out about
fossil folklore and learn more about predators of the past.

**  Book Review: Who Dung It? Getting the Real Scoop

DINOSAURNEWS  webzine now read in 80 countries.  Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall.   Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS:  Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus?  Put us on your
media database.  We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

NEW !  RSS news feed at this address:
http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:

I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service to
us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D.,  Affiliate Faculty,  Idaho Museum of Natural
History