From:
Jim Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 13:06:55 -0400
Call for Papers

museum and society: an independent journal

Chair of the Board: Dr Simon Knell, University of Leicester

Managing editors
Mr Gordon Fyfe, School of Social Relations, Keele University
Professor Kevin Hetherington, Department of Sociology, Lancaster University
Emeritus Professor Susan Pearce, Department of Museum Studies, University
of Leicester

http://www.le.ac.uk/ms/m&s/m&sframeset.html

The editors invite contributions from academics, practitioners and others
whose research interests touch the museum or are connected with museum
related topics. Both new and established researchers are welcome. Areas of
interest include:

· Museums in society
· Museum practice, funding and management
· Conservation
· Collecting and collections
· Museums, identity and difference
· Museums and social inclusion
· Audience research
· Access provision and practice
· Museums and education
· Politics and display
· Heritage studies
· History of museums/collections
· Government policy and museums
· Reviews of temporary exhibitions
· Book reviews

museum and society is an interdisciplinary e-journal which is devoted to
the study of museums. It caters for museum practitioners, university
researchers and for others whose professional work leads them to engage
with the subject of the museum. The journal which is owned by Leicester
University makes contemporary museum research freely available on-line.
Since launch in 2003 we have grown to nearly 600 subscribers and we expect
further expansion in 2004. We assign copyright to our authors.

If you need further information on matters to do with submission please e-
mail Gordon Fyfe at [log in to unmask] or go to our web site at
Leicester University’s Department of Museum Studies.

Jim Roberts
Webmaster
University of Leicester
Department of Museum Studies