From:
John Chadwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 1994 15:51:09 -0600
Hello everyone,

There has been a lot of discussion recently about listserv commands. This
comes up every so often, and someone suggested posting the Listserv
reference card. So, here it is, the official Listserv release 1.8a
Reference Card. Make a copy, keep it in your back pocket ;-).

As universities and others change their systems, and as the net grows, old
addresses may still get mail to and from the list, but Listserv software
may not recognize your old address. A good example is the recent move by
many universities to have mail servers. You may, for example, be subscribed
to the list as [log in to unmask], but when you use a program such as
Pine on a mail server system, the return address becomes [log in to unmask]
This works for mail to your friends on the list, but when you try to
conduct business with Listserv, you will run into problems. Convenience has
a price.

If you have problems with subscribing, setting mail options, etc., feel
free to contact me personally. This is a dynamic list with a wide variety
of discussions, lets keep it free and open!

cheers,

john chadwick