From:
Betty Brennan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 1996 17:08:17 -0600
Hi!  I own a company that fabricates museum exhibits (murals, models,
dioramas, environments, artifact and fossil reproductions,...).  We
are in the conceptual planning stages of adding a traveling exhibit to
our line.  We have had much difficulty in researching the use of
traveling exhibits.  If museum professionals could give us their input
and suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

1.  What size of traveling exhibit do you prefer (i.e. 2,400 sq. ft.)?

2.  What type of budget range do you typically look for in a traveling
exhibit?

3.  What type of assistance would you like to have provided with the
traveling exhibit (i.e. assistance with setting up the display)?

4.  What type of content or design do you prefer (i.e. interactives,
videos, hands on, visuals,...)?

Any other input would also be appreciated.  We are planning an exhibit
on the megafauna from after the dinosaurs through the Pleistocene.
Our goal is not to make this the typical diorama behind glass
prehistoric exhibit.  We plan to make this fun, colorful and hands on.
It will include some models of an Irish Elk, giant beaver, a
prehistoric cave with cave art, cave bear, etc.  There will be
activities for everyone, hands on exhibits, murals, colorful graphics
and much more.  Is this a subject that you find interesting?  What
other types of information or subjects would you like presented in a
traveling exhibit?

Thanks for your help.

Betty Brennan
http://www.shout.net/~taylor