From:
Patrick Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 1994 13:56:03 -0500
I am forwarding this post, which may be of interest to readers.

Date:         Wed, 23 Nov 1994 11:12:51 -0500
Sender: Archaeology List <[log in to unmask]>
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject:      Society for Industrial Archaeology - Call for Papers
To: Multiple recipients of list ARCH-L <[log in to unmask]>

**************SOCIETY FOR INDUSTRIAL ARCHAEOLOGY**************
24th Annual Conference
May 11-14 1995 Baltimore Maryland
Call for papers

The Society for Industrial Archaeology promortes the study of the material
culture of the technological and industrial past.  The Society supports and
participates in field investigations, research, recording, and the exchange
of information on aspects of our industrial past.

The 1995 Annual Conference will be held in Baltimore, Maryland on May
11-14.  The conference would like to extend a call for papers.  We welcome
proposals related to industries characteristic of Baltimore, the state of
Maryland, and other regions, including but not restricted to:  food
processing, ore refinement, textiles, printing and graphic arts, chemical
and petroleum
production, transportation, and ore mining.  Participants may suggest
thirty
minute papers or ten minute works in progress.

Please submit a one page abstract by January 15, 1995 to Program Chair:

Stacie Webb
1404 S. Hanover Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
Daytime Telephone 410-333-3439
FAX 410-333-1105

For general information on conference events, including tours of historic
sites and operating industrial plants, please contact Beverly Baker,
Baltimore Museum of Industry, 1415 Key Highway, Baltimore, MD 21230;
410-727-4808, fax:410-727-4869 or E-Mail me at [log in to unmask]

See Ya There,
Matthew A. White
Director of Education
Baltimore Museum of Industry

Patrick E. Martin, Associate Professor of Archaeology
Director of Graduate Studies in Industrial Archaeology
Editor of IA, the Journal of the Society for Industrial Archaeology
Department of Social Sciences, Michigan Technological University
1400 Townsend Drive, Houghton, Michigan 49931-1295 USA
Telephone (906) 487-2070   Fax  (906) 487-2468   Internet  [log in to unmask]