From:
Jennifer Pena <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 12:38:20 +0000
I think Cindy's post, and particularly her last sentence were correct.  It
probably wouldn't hurt to have accreditation, unless you count the resources
it took to achieve that status.  It's right to ask whether it does help,
particularly smaller institutions.  But as I've noticed with other posts in
which we question the super powers of the profession, such as the
Smithsonian and AAM, listers often seem to become uncomfortable enough not
to engage in discussion.  I think such issues are among the most important
for us to talk about.  I work for a new museum and we have previously set
our sights on becoming accredited with AAM.  I'm not sure we won't pursue
this in the future, but this short string of discussion has made me question
our need for it.

Are we afraid of critiquing those we deem to be above criticism?  It seems
this list is about sharing our experiences so we can help each other,
whether these are big issues or small ones.  I really appreciate these sorts
of posts that take on potentially touchy questions and hope listers will
contribute to them.

Jennifer Pena

>From: Peter Morelli <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: AAM accreditation
>Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 17:51:06 -0400
>
>Should we take another couple of days of silence as confirmation of the
>last sentence in Cindy's reasonable post?

Like the way Microsoft Office Outlook works? You’ll love Windows Live
Hotmail.
http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_outlook_0507