From:
"Craig M. Rosa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 1994 09:16:12 -0800
>i saw somewhere that people are developing software so that one does not
>need to have the tcp/ip (sip connection) to use a WWW browser.

The software is a shareware called TIA, The Internet Adapter. It is a
"slip-emulator" and allows you to create a pseudo-slip connection via a
dial-up account. I now run Mosaic Netscape, Newswatcher, Eudora (a great
mail program) from my dial in, 14.4 modem, and it works fine for me. You
still need the TCP/IP software, it is very hard to conifgure, and involves
setting up a program that runs on your directory at your Internet provider,
but with the help of someone knowledgeable about computers it can be done.
;>

p.s. Just a satisfied user. No endorsement. The home page of TIA can be
found at:

 http://marketplace.com:80/tia/tiahome.html

Or for more info and free evaluation instructions, send a blank email to:

[log in to unmask] (Single User Version)

Good luck (you might need it ;O )

Craig M. Rosa
Exhibit Developer
The Tech Museum of Innovation