From:
Heather Trubee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 17:34:51 +0000
Hello,

I am working on a PhotoVoice project that uses personal photos and
narratives of people infected with TB as a means of working to eradicate TB
through promoting conversations between those affected by TB and the larger
community, awareness, and breaking the stigma.  The non-profit organization
I'm working with wants to develop this local project into a traveling
exhibit to meet its goals of reaching broader audiences and linking the 4
international communities that are participating in the project.  The sites
are located in South Carolina, Texas, Brazil, and Thailand.  A component of
the concept paper I'm developing includes possible funding sources and
venues that might be interested in sponsoring or hosting such a project.
Most of the possibilities I've found are national, such as S.I.T.E.S,
National Museum of Health and Medicine, American Library Association's
Public Programs, National Library of Medicine, National Endowment for the
Humanities, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of General
Medical Sciences, and the National Center on Minority Health and Health
Disparities.  Does anyone have any additional suggestions for funding
sources or display venues (local, state, private, or independent)?  Or any
general suggestions for getting such a project up and going?

Thanks for any help!

Heather Trubee

Volunteer, Amaya-Lacson Tuberculosis PhotoVoice
www.tbphotovoice.org

Can you find the hidden words?  Take a break and play Seekadoo!
http://club.live.com/seekadoo.aspx?icid=seek_hotmailtextlink1