From:
Laura Lawfer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:19:40 -0500
Dear Fielding:

At Stratford Hall, we are also adding in science-focused school
programs. We've had quite a bit of success with our initial foray into a
science-based fossil program (done at our beach on the Potomac River).
In my time here, I've found that teachers especially like being able to
mix history, science, and even math together in their trip (we've also
added an architecture program dealing with arithmetic and geometry in
the historic house). When teachers get permission to bring their classes
here--especially because we're out-of-the-way--being able to argue that
their school trip meets a variety of Standards of Learning improves the
likelihood that they'll get approved for that field trip. So yes, we've
had a lot of success in the first year we've done science-based programs
at our historic house museum.

Hope this helps!
Best of luck,
Laura

Laura Lawfer
Assistant Director of Education
Stratford Hall
483 Great House Rd
Stratford, VA 22558
(804) 493-8038 ext. 1920

  Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless
absolutely necessary.