From:
Julia Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:06:36 -0500
Probably not the same one, but in the late '80s I trained generations of student prep assistants with a good video from the Gallery Association of New York State called "Basic Art Handling."  The citation below is NOT it:  the one I had was 30 minutes long and was produced in like 1985.  This one must be a newer version.

http://www.vmfa.state.va.us/osp/film_videoB.html
Basic Art Handling           ED-266
15 min / color / 1988 / GANY / VHS
College through adult
Have you ever pondered the proper procedure for moving a large sculpture from one place to another? Do you know the safest way to store paintings and prints? These and other art-handling questions are addressed in this videotape, produced by the Gallery Association of New York State. Professionals and private collectors answer questions about preserving precious objects, and a professional conservator demonstrates techniques designed to make art handling safe and effective. Recommended for classes in conservation and art handling, as well as for use by professional organizations.

The G.A.N.Y. organization also has a great, simple art packing handbook called "Way to Go" that I also used to train student prep assistants.

Best,

Julia Muney Moore
Public Art Administrator
Blackburn Architects, Indianapolis, IN