From:
Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 10:30:55 -0300
Marta asked:
I am doing a research project about labels in interactive science
centers/museums.

What do you think?

ES replies:
One of the funny things about exhibitions in science centers (at least here
in the US) is that they are evaluated and examined with extraordinary
intensity.  Due to two reasons, I think..one is the focus of the National
Science Foundation on evaluation (they wont fund anything without thorough
evaluation), and two because many exhibit developers and evaluators are
scientists manque.  As such, they like quantitative assessment of the
effect of their work.

All this is to say that there is a huge bibliography in response to your
questions.  check ASTC's (American Association of Science and Technology
Centers) web site.

Eric Siegel
Director, Planning &
Program Development