From:
"Robert T. Handy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 17:14:11 -0500
I was not suggesting that we organize like coal miners and dock workers.  I
was suggesting that we not roll over and accept the idea that because we
are "service" workers we don't deserve to be paid a livable wage.  One
writer suggested that we just accept our plight or go into another career.
 I suspect that this kind of idea comes from someone who merely supplements
a spouse's salary.  There are people in this industry who must support a
families; probably some single parents.  Can they do that on their current
museum pay or must they work a second job?

Point:  let's not roll over!

------
Robert Handy
Brazoria County Historical Museum