From:
Jason Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 13:46:52 -0400
Dear Mr. Sancho,

I've been disappointed like that before. Don't worry. You'll return and have a
splendid time. People will tell you it's futile to attempt to see the Louvre in a
day. It isn't. It's admirable, in fact. Could anyone entering such a treasure
house of knowledge and beauty decide, a priori, to learn only so much? It is
impossible, of course. We want to learn everything. If you can't schedule more
than enough time to absorb a great museum, inevitably there will be a sense of
lost opportunity. It's only human. I remember hearing about a book for tourists
titled The Six-Minute Louvre, or something like that. That may be fine for some,
but for most of us on this list, an introductory look at the Louvre? How about a
week?

Jason Edward Kaufman