From:
Lauren Silberman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2013 17:14:41 +0000
Sharing on behalf of a colleague --

Is Your Museum Addressing Health Issues?

The American Alliance of Museums is preparing to host a briefing on Capitol Hill about the ways museums are engaged in health care, defined broadly. As part of this effort, we'd like to compile a list of how museums have developed community partnerships to address health-related issues. Our goal is to collect stories about programs in every state and all disciplines within the museum field.

Is your museum working with medical schools, serving children on the autism spectrum, working with persons with memory loss or holding health fairs or immunization clinics? Are there other ways your museum is working to improve the health and well-being of the nation? Do you have examples to share with us on this topic?

If so, please email a few sentences about each project (or websites where I can find info) to Auntaneshia Staveloz, State and Community Partnerships Manager, at [log in to unmask]  She will keep you posted as these plans develop and looks forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
Lauren

Lauren Silberman
Coordinator, Museum Assessment Program