From:
Gloria Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 17:42:29 -0600
Science Museum of Minnesota
13th Annual
Theater in Musems Workshop
September 22-27, 1997
Saint Paul, MN 55126

The Science Museum of Minnesota's annual "Theater in Museums Workshop" is
an intensive week-long workshop designed to provide basic information
needed to start a theater program, develop scripts, and to observe other
museum's theater programs.

This year The Science Museum of Minnesota celebrates 26 years of theater as
an interpretive and educational technique in museums.  To date, over 100
institutions have particpated in our workshop including museums, zoos and
aquariums.

The two part workshop is conducted by experienced museum theater
professionals and is endorsed by AAM's Museum Theater Professional Interest
Council.

The days are structured to include sessions, performances,and breaks for
meals. Part I will focus on how to finance theater programs, and provides
detailed information on how to develop a museum theater program.  Part I
also includes tours of other museums in our area who will feature their own
theater programs.

Part II is an intense session on script writing and requires participants
to take Part I & II in 1997 or Part I in a previous year.

Cost:  Part I  $315
       Part II $325
       Part I & II  $500

For Further information contact: